4.8 mm Porcelain Slabs
DSG Ceramics is an Italian 4.8 mm porcelain slabs manufacturer appreciated all over the world. The thickness of the slabs changes from 12 and 4.8 millimeters depending on the production techniques used. The porcelain gres tiles with low thickness are 4.8 millimeters and present characteristics that make them good materials for slim floors and coverings both for internal that for external.
4.8 mm porcelain slabs are resistant, light, simple to cut and to handle, fire resistant, frost-proof, eco-friendly and they don't need special devices for their conservation. The characteristics of 4.8 mm porcelain slabs manufactured by DSG Ceramics, DSG/4.8mm, make it an ideal product for:
- Restructuration of the existing floor or covering
- Floor and covering Installation in new realization
- Public or private locations that need slim coverings or floors
Advantages of 4.8 mm porcelain slabs
The slim porcelain gres series DSG/4.8mm, also presents a lot of advantages:
- Respect for nature: sustainable choice as the reduction of thickness implies a lower environmental impact (expenditure of energy, raw materials, packing materials and transport)
- Ease of cutting: you can cut it simply with a cutter for glass or any equipment for the cutting of common tiles of ceramic surface
- Limited weight: a 120x120 tile weighs only 16 kg. Simple to handle also in big sizes
- Reduction of completion of construction times as you lay it on the existing one.
4.8 mm porcelain slabs can be combined with the 12mm slabs of every collection because they have the same caliber and they maintain the same aesthetic characteristics and modularity.
Suggestions for the laying of 4.8 mm porcelain slabs
For the laying of porcelain gres tiles in thickness 4.8mm, DSG Ceramics recommends:
- The surface must be plane and without any empty space or gap.
- In case of laying on cement screed coats, the screed coat must be dry and well seasoned.
- Double spreading of the adhesive, both on the back that on the surface to cover
- Use the serrated spatula and spread the adhesive on the two sides orthogonally, or else in a north-south direction on a surface and in a east-west direction on the other surface, to avoid any problem of air bubble and gaps
- Strictly follow the adhesive manufacturer's instructions about the adhesive types, above all in case of floor heating screeds
- In case of laying on existing floors, keep strictly to the existing expansion joints on the old flooring or on the walls
- In general, above all in case use of big porcelain gres formats in 4.8 mm, it is fundamental to be sure there are no gaps of glue and air bubbles between the tile and the underlayer.
Cutting operations on porcelain gres in 4.8 mm are really simple, you should use the same precautions given for the standard thickness.
Anyway it is necessary to use tools normally used for porcelain gres tiles, such as cutter or branch machines.